PRISM Awards: Consensus Sweeps PRSA Los Angeles Prestigious President’s Award
Our projects are our babies, and few things are more gratifying than seeing them take off! At the Public Relations Society of America –Los Angeles’s PRISM Awards, which took place at Hollywood’s gorgeous Taglyan Complex in November, we saw them soar, winning a total of 15 awards. And that’s not even the end of it – our team won the 2016 President’s Award, a delightful present welcoming us back to the awards circuit!
Nine members of our talented team were present for the festivities, but many more deserve thank you hugs for creating projects that we can all wear proudly.
Below is a comprehensive list of the categories and our winning projects. We look forward to taking the lessons of 2016 and elevating them to create amazing campaigns in 2017. Please, stick around and join us for the ride.
- Crisis Communications – Government: Help House LA Vets
- Events & Observances – Consumer Services: Carmel Partners Public Scoping Meeting for CEQA
- Integrated Communications – Government: Help House LA Vets
- Pro Bono Program: Pershing Square Renew
- Newsletters – Digital: Equity Office Daily Brief
- Social Media – Business-to-Consumer: I Heart Burbank
- Video Programs – Consumer Services: I Heart Burbank
- Websites – External/Public: Help House LA Vets
- Word-of-Mouth: Fashion Square Foodies
AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
- Community Relations – Government: Help House LA Vets
- Events & Observances – Government: Hollywood Burbank Airport Replacement Terminal Community Workshops for CEQA
- Marketing – Corporate/Business: Equity Office Daily Brief
- Public Affairs – Government: Help House LA Vets
- Social Media – Government: Help House LA Vets
Event Planning for Community Engagement - My Experience
In our line of work, event planning and hosting is a critical tool for starting dialogue and engaging communities. A well-planned and executed event creates an opportunity for individuals to be active participants in the civic and social processes that affect their communities and allows them to explore channels through which they can share their voices on causes that spark their interest.
The Future of Truth: 10 Lessons from USC’s 27th Annual Kenneth Owler Smith Symposium
Holmes Report founder and chair, Paul Holmes, is accurately known as an insightful writer on the topic of public relations - but his talents don’t stop there. Speaking to an eclectic mix of students and PR professionals huddled in the Wallis Annenberg Hall auditorium, Holmes tackled the highly publicized concept of fake news and its effects on the PR industry.